A blog to report the theft of push bikes in the Chelmsford area. For people to post up security comments, observations and warnings. I'd like to use this information here to create improved security at this station and maybe all stations.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Another fellow victim

If you've read Dave's comment in the previous blog then you'll see there's a growing number of us who've suffered bike theft - we've talked outside of this forum and Dave was happy for me to share his thoughts with a few bits removed:

'I have had a fortunate (possibly) outcome of that I had ‘new for old’ insurance and just taken delivery of a xxx. The question is do I risk taking it to the station? If I do I will probably , lock it with two locks and something I haven’t tried before is to fit an alarm to it.Do you know of anyone who has used one? I have seen two on the net. One that arms automatically and I thought was great for kids who wouldn’t bother normally to switch it on when they just lay it down in the park at (http://www.ducharmealarmsystems.com/Index.html) and another that sells on ebay that arms with a key. Do you know if these are any good?'

So at what point did we need to start considering audio alarms for cycles within a locked environment?

Do you know the best bit? Dave is a print and design expert so we are going to consider a leaflet that would raise awareness of the issue. My initial thoughts are that the people who would benefit from the awareness are us the cyclists and the people who have to listen are ONE and the British Transport Police.

Any comments on possible content?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home